Monday, November 9, 2015

Off to a rocky start..



Let me start by saying that I am a Mom. That is my job. My daughters are my number one priority. No questions asked. That being said, this week was tough. It was really difficult to find time for me. It happens. And it's a drag. Especially when I was hoping to have a killer first week with 21 day fix. If we're being honest. I did half of the workout on Monday and half on Tuesday. Mackenzie (my 3 year old) is trying to eliminate her nap. Note: I feel like part of me isn't fighting it because she has been giving us trouble at night. For the last two months, in bed with Mommy & Daddy has been the place to be. UGH! I don't want her making a habit of that so I end up in the twin bed with her. Not comfortable! I hope we get out of this phase SOON. I miss my awesome little sleeper! Talk about rambling! Anyways, it's been hard getting my workouts done with the girls awake. Luckily, Riley (15 months) naps like a champ. So my goal this week is to get Mackenzie set up with arts and crafts or give her 1 pound dumbells and let her get involved. I have no excuses. I need to get this done. I want results. I deserve them. I can't blame my kids. I need to make the time. 

Today was a million times better than any day last week. I took the girls to the playground. Took a brisk walk and did my 21dayfix workout. I feel really good about my eating too. No complaints. That hasn't happened in a few days. I'm moving forward and staying positive. Here's to hoping I keep up the momentum this week. I WILL stay on track. I will work harder towards my goals. 

Onto a menu for this week.. 

Today:
I was planning on having Southwest quinoa but it was a busy morning and I was too hungry to wait for it to cook. Yes, 20 minutes it was too much time to give me an opportunity to snack on something I didn't need! I ended up having some deli turkey with a "fiesta" salad. Black beans, yellow bell pepper, medley of tomatoes, black olives, cholula hot sauce & salsa verde. It was SO good!


Dinner tonight was Coconut chicken with brown rice and fresh broccoli. Holy yum! I swear this gets better every time I make it. I guess my skills are improving. 



Tuesday
Lunch: Chicken over baby spinach w/ goat cheese & apple
Dinner: Salmon w/ green beans & sweet potato

Wednesday
Lunch: Turkey on flat out wrap
Dinner: Mediterranean Chicken over quinoa

Thursday
Lunch: Yogurt w/ granola
Dinner: Turkey Taco Salad

Friday: 
Lunch: Taco Soup or Chili (using leftover ground turkey!)
Dinner: Simple chicken stir fry

That's all for now. Happy Monday!

XO,
 A

No comments:

Post a Comment