Monday, November 16, 2015

Pressure


Today is the start of my final week with 21 Day Fix. I like to start Mondays on a positive note. It's a fresh start, clean slate, a second chance to make up for last weeks mistakes. This morning I felt different. I decided to cheat and hop on the scale because I had a feeling that I wasn't making the progress I had hoped. Sure enough, my suspicions were right. The scale showed me that in two weeks I'm down 1.8 lbs. Talk about a major letdown. The positive? I know exactly what I have done wrong. 

21 Day Fix is a pretty straight forward program and definitely effective, but I'm only human and I can't help but compare myself to others. Not just that, but I had great results the first time around so I put so much pressure on this second chance. I set expectations for myself and I have been dwelling on them so much so that I feel like it may be back firing. Pressure may work for some people, but for me.. I feel like it makes me crack. Once I get off track with this program, I feel like I spiral out of control. I'm an emotional eater. I have always turned to food for comfort. I can't keep giving in to that crap. I'm mad at myself for letting this become more mental that it should have. My attitude sucks. I haven't been making myself a priority like I should. My toddlers have been extra feisty and I feel like that plays a part. I just haven't been in the best place to take on the program. As I type this I already feel like I've made excuses for myself. 

I'm ready to move forward. I had such momentum when I started to get serious with my weight-loss journey in March. I felt like I was a force to be reckoned with. I was losing consistently and I was proud of the work I was putting in. I was working every day. I was eating clean. Not measuring meticulously or anything. Just creating dishes that were colorful, full of good for you things and often low carb. I need to go back to that. I need to go back to where I started. I have to find my balance again. I would love to give 21 Day Fix a shot again. Maybe in a month or two I can revist. For now, I look forward to mixing Autumn's kick ass workouts into my routine (because man, are they a killer!) 

My goal is to finish this next week strong, be proud of my results no matter what they are and move on. I will reach my goal. I will be proud of myself. I will make the time. I will stay positive. I won't set my expectations to high and most of all I will continue to learn how to love myself again. After all, that's what this is about. 

~~~

My meal plan for this week isn't anything too exciting but here it is anyway.. 

Today
Lunch: I wanted to use up the rest of my cooked quinoa in the fridge I tossed it with some heirloom tomato, chopped cucumber, feta cheese & some spices. It was super easy and delicious! 


Dinner: Kung Pao Chicken over brown rice. Yum!

Tuesday
Lunch: Turkey on flat out with hummus
Dinner: TBD.. Brian won't be home so I usually wing it. Maybe salmon and leftover brown rice? 

Wednesday
Lunch: "Best ever chicken salad"
Dinner: Fish Tacos

Thursday
Lunch: Mexican chicken (Chopped chicken, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, salsa verde) 
Dinner: Ground turkey meat sauce over zoodles

Haven't figured out the rest of the week yet. But I'm happy that unlike the last two weeks. We don't have any parties or plans to eat out. I am fully in control and I love that.

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a great week! 
XO,
 A

No comments:

Post a Comment