Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Meal Planning & My Weigh-in


Happy Monday! 

Week 1 of the 21 Day Fix (My second go at it) is finished! I will be honest, I was on track with eating 98% of the time but my workouts were weird. It's hard to explain but I just wasn't feeling my usual spark. I just wasn't all in and it has totally reflected in my attitude. I was kind of in a "funk" so to speak. Well that funk ended yesterday and it's a new week! Bring it on, Monday! No more negativity. I need to stay positive and focus on one day at a time. The big picture can seem daunting so i'm trying to take it in strides. I would LOVE to get back into the 180's so that's my goal for this upcoming week. That's 2+ pounds but I'm capable and I am going to give it all I've got. I try not to put too much pressure on my goals but I like to make one even if it seems like alot. It helps to know i'm working towards something specific and I love the feeling of pride when I hit the mark. :) 

Here was my weigh-in this morning. Sorry, a little blurry. lol 


Bring on the 180's! I'm ready for you! 
~~~

Just finished up my meal plan for this week and here's whats on the menu! 

Note: Again, I am on the 21 day fix so there are some restrictions but still not too different from what has been my normal. I love that this program is really all about portion control. As much as chicken is a lean protein, I was honestly eating almost double the amount I should have been!

WEEKLY MENU

Dinner
  • Southwest Quinoa for Meatless Monday! 
  • Kung Pao Chicken w/ brown rice
  • Girls night at a friends house. She is serving pulled chicken tacos. 21df allows for tortillas but I will more than likely just make a salad out of it! :) 
  • Caprese Chicken pasta w/ fresh garden tomatoes & basil
  • Turkey taco lettuce wraps
  • Something on the grill. Chicken, lean burgers, turkey burgers or maybe even fish! 
Lunch
  • Mediterranean style chicken (chicken breast, feta, tomatoes, cucumber & balsamic) over quinoa or brown rice
  • Best ever chicken salad 
  • Turkey chili (using leftover turkey taco meat. Bonus!)
  • Grilled chicken over romaine w/ grapes, goat cheese & simple balsamic vinaigrette
  • Buffalo chicken bowl (buffalo style chicken breast, brown rice & broccoli slaw)
  • Hummus & pita
~~~

I like to give myself goals for the week so here they are! I highly recommend doing the same! 

  1. Drink at least 95 oz of water daily.
  2. Complete 21dayfix workout everyday.
  3. Stick to my meal plan.
  4. Track everything with MFP.
  5. 100 squats by Friday.
  6. Stay POSITIVE. 
  7. Lose 2 lbs.
Let's make it a great week!!

XO,
A





No comments:

Post a Comment