Tuesday, August 4, 2015

180's baby!!


Happy Tuesday!

I meant to get back here yesterday to post my weigh-in but I couldn't seem to catch up on life after a busy but good weekend. :-) 

Week 2 of the 21 Day Fix went much better than my last round. I didn't complete all of the workouts and went back to the comfort of the treadmill here and there but I can't be mad about that. I was still sweating and burning calories! 

On to the weigh-in.. 

Excuse my language, but HOLY SHIT! I was so happy to see this number that I may have cried a little when I saw it. As you know from my post last week, I wanted to get back into the 180's so bad. I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself but man, I wanted it bad this week. I made smart decisions when I felt the need to "snack" and I got my ass moving. I couldn't be happier with my loss this week. I worry that with such a big loss that I will hit a plateau next week so that is my goal, to prove myself wrong and to have another loss. Even if it's only a 1/2 pound. A loss is a loss and I'm ready to crush the 180's!

Speaking of which, I reached my next short term goal of 187. As I said before, that was huge for me because it's the weight I was when I graduated high school ten years ago. I honestly feel better now than I did 10 years ago. Crazy what working out and fueling your body with the proper nutrition can do! I'm so excited for the future.

~~~ 

Here's a look at what's on the menu for this week..

Dinner
  • Turkey burger and cucumber salad (that was tonight. YUM!)
  • Coconut crusted chicken, fresh broccoli & brown rice
  • Chicken and veggies on the grill
  • Turkey chili
  • Pizza night (on zucchini crust)
Lunches
  • Fiesta quinoa
  • Salad w/ grilled chicken, apple & goat cheese (simple balsamic vinaigrette) 
  • "Best ever chicken salad" <--- I don't think I'll ever get sick of it!
  • Greek salad w/ grilled chicken & homemade tzatziki 
  • Loaded southwestern sweet potato
Lots of chicken going on but it's an awesome lean protein and there is so much you can do with it! It's so easy to throw a ton of chicken breast on the grill and just keep it in the fridge for the week. It's all about being prepared! 

I'll be back soon to share some recipes. Who am I kidding.. I don't follow recipes. I really just find a general idea and sort of go from there. I'm trying to get more creative! Anyways, hope everyone is having a great week!

XO,
 A

No comments:

Post a Comment