Monday, July 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Riley & A clean slate


Let me start out by saying Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl, Riley! She's 1 today and I can't believe it! She has brought so much love to our family and I truly am so lucky to have this wonderful life!

Her party was a lot of fun and she LOVED her smash cake. Fun fact: Her older sister Mackenzie (she'll be 3 in October) wouldn't touch her smash cake at her 1st birthday. Hah. 









~~~~


On another note, today would mark the day I hoped to crush my next short term goal by being 187. And that did not happen. I was so stressed getting everything ready for Riley's party that I wasn't dedicating as much time and effort into my food choices or my workouts for that matter. I knew I was slipping and I just couldn't get out of my won way. It's so frustrating when that happens especially when I really felt unstoppable. Life happens. I just have to learn my lesson and move on. That being said, I'm restarting 21 day fix. I was 12 days in but it really felt like 5. If I am going to expect results, I want to be committed. I don't want to half-ass this thing. Today is a new day and I'm getting a second chance.

Not a proud moment for me but here's todays weigh-in:

I guess my lesson learned is that I don't handle stress well. The truth of the matter is, it wasn't the cupcakes or any temptations that sabotaged me this week. It was my attitude and actually lack of routine. I found myself under eating my goal for calorie intake on quite a few occasions. Should be a lesson to others that not eating does not help you lose weight. I'm ready to start over and put this behind me. I'm on an incredible journey and mistakes happen. 

I'll leave you with this.. My motto: Look but don't touch!

Okay so I go a little nuts for birthday parties. I need to work on that. :-P

I am finishing up my meal plan for the week and finalizing my grocery list. I'll be back to discuss my menu tomorrow. 

XO,
 A


No comments:

Post a Comment