Friday, May 22, 2015

TGIF & Eats for the Week!


Good Morning & Happy Friday! :) 

I feel like it's a little strange for me to say "TGIF" because I am a SAHM (stay-at-home Mom) but of course we love when Brian/Dada is home! It's nice to have another set of hands with the girls as well as just simple conversation that isn't "Mackenzie, do you have to go potty?" "Please don't sit on your sister!" "No, you can't have chocolate for breakfast." Weekends for us are awesome, especially when it's a long one! Memorial day weekend is here, I can't believe it! Now to figure out what I'm making to bring to a BBQ on Sunday. Hmm.. probably a hearty summer salad. It is the unofficial start to summer, right? :-P

Since I do my weigh-in's on Mondays, I consider that to be the "end" of my week so this week so far has been pretty good. I've been doing well with my weekly goals and I'm loving the structure I gave myself. I need to get a little bit better with my water intake but my workouts have been awesome. 

Here's what we've been eating.. 

Monday: (not pictured) Brian was home from work early so he fired up the grill. We had simple marinated grilled chicken with corn on the cob and fresh broccoli 

Tuesday:



 I needed to go grocery shopping in the worst way so I ran out to get shopping done when Brian got home (early again) I love my girls but I can shop so much faster alone, and it's totally a mini vacation for Mama. Truth! Anyways, by the time I got home.. we decided to keep it simple and I'd just buy a rotisserie chicken while I was there. Can't complain about that! I ended up making the best chicken salad EVER! Thanks to Courtney! If you don't follow her blog, you should. I've been reading it for years. She's awesome! http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2015/05/14/the-best-ever-chicken-salad/

Wednesday: 



I made fresh mango salsa (not bad for my first time but used a liiiiiittle too much cilantro. Sheesh! It was like a kick in the face. Still delicious nonetheless. :) Brian had a work meeting late so I actually ended up over at my parents for dinner. I brought along my mango salsa and enjoyed it over salmon! Served with broccoli slaw we threw together, sauteed spinach & some asparagus. So yummy! Mackenzie is obsessed with her cousin, Haley (my 9 year old niece) so anytime we can squeeze in a visit during the week, she's on cloud 9! :) 

Thursday: I was planning on stir fry but had out beef instead of chicken and decided to make Mongolian Beef. It was so good the last time we had it, so why not? I skipped the jasmine rice I made and just had extra fresh broccoli. SO good! 


This is the recipe I use.. Tastes just like PF Changs! :) http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/PF-Changs-Mongolian-Beef-Copycat-Recipe.html

I'm going to do pork tenderloin tonight. Not sure how yet. I'm thinking maybe a simple balsamic glaze or maybe even dijon style. We'll see! But just for fun I want to share what I had for lunch yesterday.. 


OMG, SO GOOD! I made homemade tzatziki to go over Greek salad with grilled chicken. I don't know why I've never made it before, but I'll definitely be doing it again. I've got plenty leftover to enjoy for lunch again today. Yum!

 I used this recipe.. http://thewanderlustkitchen.com/authentic-greek-tzatziki/

That's all for now. Have an awesome weekend! <3

XO,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment