Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Month. New Goals.


Ugh, I had every intention of blogging last week but I caught the worst cold. Riley (18 months) had an awful virus the week prior. I thought we were all in the clear until Brian and I both hit a wall midweek. It's been tough taking care of two toddlers when you just want to crawl under the covers. 


Thankfully, I think it's just about gone. I'm still a little congested but SO much better than I've been. Phew! That being said, I was a little worried about my weigh-in this morning. I don't make "rest days" a priority and last week I took two back to back, thanks to my cold. I realized because of the lack of workouts, I found myself focusing more on my eating. I think it paid off! 



I was over the moon this morning to see 183. I''m so ready to say goodbye to the 180's! There is something about the start of a new month. I say that the first of every month but it's true. I'm hopeful that I can work hard and get closer to my goals. Speaking of goals.. 


I reeeeeeaally want to get into the 170's and I'm confident it's going to happen this month! I just need to focus. It's easy to lose control because that's life. What matters if we get back up and at it.

The last two weeks I feel like I have found my groove again but prior to that I feel like I was still trying to recover from the holidays. Eating has been okay but I feel like my body was just getting to used to the same old routine. We have a treadmill in the basement and that's really been the only working out, aside from the occasional 21 Day Fix workouts. After talking to Brian about the wall I feel like I've hit, we decided to join the gym again. It's awesome because not only do I get to enjoy all of the classes they have to offer, but they have a pool that the girls love. Speaking of my toddlers, they have free child care as well. I usually go to the gym at night but it's super helpful knowing that I can go any time of day and bring the girls with me. I can't tell you how happy I am to be back in a gym, switching up my routine. I hope it continues to pay off!


That's all for now!
XO,
 A




No comments:

Post a Comment