Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday Weigh-In & Reflection


Happy Monday! Let's start with a weigh-in! 


I had a weigh-in after Christmas and I was up 1.6 lbs. That means my total gain after the holiday is 4.2 lbs. Am I crazy to say I'm not totally devastated? I prepared myself for the worst. I was incredibly anxious getting on that scale so afraid I'd be well into the 190's again. I know that seems excessive but I had a few moments in the last few weeks or should I say a few cookies. It's behind me and i'm moving forward. My starting weight in 2016 is 186.8. I can live with that.

~~~

I am reflecting on last year at this time. I wanted to lose weight and I was trying. Slowly but surely, it was coming off but my attitude sucked. I feel like it hadn't clicked yet. I plugged along for a couple of months until March. Something just went off and I truly started this journey. It was a moment of clarity. I had just put my daughters to bed and I was sitting in the living room with Brian (my husband) talking about whatever. I kept reminding him of our good friend (Hi Dave!!!) that was having awesome success with Shakeology. I told him I really wanted to buy it and see if it could give me a boost in the right direction. Sure enough, Brian agreed but with a condition. He said, "Why don't you focus on your diet and workouts for 3 weeks. If you still can't find a rhythm and see the scale moving, then we'll buy it." A fire started in me, with a spark I never knew I had. I decided to give it my all, with a simple concept from my husband. It changed my life. In 3 weeks, per his suggestion, I was down almost 7 pounds. I never turned back. In all fairness, we bought Shakeology over the summer but it was because HE wanted to give it a shot! Haha, go figure! That being said, it is my favorite protein shake. 

I can't thank him enough for giving me that simple notion and helping me to open my eyes to the bigger picture. There are programs and supplements that help people to lose weight. For me? Cleaning up my eating, eliminating processed foods and workinIg out for at least 30 minutes a day. I have had my ups and downs but I'm really happy with how I ended 2015. I am excited to see the next phase in 2016. I'm confident this is the year I will reach my goal. I need to keep moving forward. I need to be brave. I need to challenge myself. I want to inspire others. Most of all, I want to make myself proud. And I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment