Friday, May 8, 2015

My Rollercoaster Ride


Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? Not that I want to reminisce, I feel like it gives you a better picture of my "story" This is me. I have a big smile in these pictures but I feel like that doesn't tell the whole story. I convinced myself I was happy. I was dating a guy I had a feeling I would spend forever with (I was right!) I got comfortable. For too long. I don't want to say I didn't care that I was overweight because I did. I just never did anything about it. Life was good, why mess with it and get stressed about losing weight, right? WRONG. If I had known then, that I could feel the way I do today.. I would have started when I noticed it becoming an issue. Even at 187, that wasn't where I should have been. I'm 5'2 and no, I don't plan on ever being 130 lbs. I just don't think it's in the cards for me. That may be self doubt talking, I just can't see myself getting there. Although, I'm confident I will reach my goal. I can't wait to share every milestone with you guys. Now for the pictures.. Dun Dun Dun...













All over the place, right? Crazy to see how up and down my weight has been. I was proud of the work I put in to drop the weight for my wedding but I knew I could have done better. To look and see where I am now, it is hard to accept that had I just cleaned up my eating and got my ass moving, I could have easily been under 200 lbs. (That was my goal for my wedding day) All thoughts aside, I felt truly beautiful on my wedding day so I have no regrets! 

I keep finding myself asking "why now?" Why did the light bulb finally turn on in my head? I feel like there are so many answers. The main one being "WHY NOT?" For so long I have played the game. I've tried every diet out there but never once considered doing it the old fashioned way. Focusing on my eating and exercising. And since I've started this whole new outlook 8 weeks ago.. I have never felt so good. I feel like this is the most success I've had ever before in trying to lose weight and it's so exciting. I never want to lose that feeling. 

I want to be a role model to my daughters. I want to inspire others. I want to make my husband's jaw hit the floor. I want to be healthy. I want to be happy. I'm doing this for me. Because I deserve it.  

XO
A












No comments:

Post a Comment